Monday, April 26, 2010

The fates...

We all spend our lives with the idea that we choose the way we act
But how do we know if this freedom is a fact?
How do we know the Greeks didn't have it right and the Moirae have the power?
That we were given our breath, and there is a set time for our final hour?

What if our parents didn't have control over our debut into this life,
If they had no way to protect us from this world and all its strife?
What if the Spinner spun her loom and decided on the time of our birth?
And the Allotter spun our thread through the weave, deciding our life's worth?

And what if the circumstances of our death were of no consequence of our own?
But the Cutter of our thread saw the time line and had it set in stone?
Well then what is the point of this existence and the life we lead?
I think that's the most interesting question indeed...

Even if the Fates are the ones who have the final say,
I feel like I have to do what I can to find the best way.
Maybe its the rebel in me, but I feel like I move my thread a bit
Maybe bend it, shift it, spin it with someone else's or have it split.

I have to think I have some control of my own being
Otherwise I am just a puppet, entangled up in string,
Pretending to live a life, as tough as it may be
That someone has already lived for me...

No comments: