Wednesday, April 16, 2008

more on my cycle

so, i spoke with a counselor today..and asked him about the cycles of relationships that people have..and how i was trying to figure out why I keep attracting the same guys...the type who seem to be emotionally unavailable. He said that a lot of the time, people who seem to emotionally sound, attract people who don't know themselves fully on an emotional level. Also, the ones who have it together (Me in this case) tend to sometimes be the type to look for people they can help, which I find myself guilty of...on that same aspect, these people also look for challenges, people who aren't necessarily easy to fix..I think I can be guilty of that too...

so the next question is: Do I continue on this trend of finding men who I can help? Do I move onto men who have it together...

In a weird sort of way, it makes me happy to be able to help guys emotionally...I think what I want is a guy who will let me help him..because the other thing my exs have in common is that they shut me out...which I hate...

Also, I don't want the challenges anymore..I want someone I can help emotionally, who can help me with real life (money, managing work and play, other practical things)

So, maybe I haven't met the guy from my dream..or maybe I have..we'll wait and see..

No comments: