Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Thing about movies...

They are my favorite form of escape, movies are....a good movie will make you forget the room you are sitting in. It will take you away from the life you live for about two hours...they make you engage the characters and become a part of the drama, and deep down, there's that slight bit of satisfaction when you are given information the characters are unaware of....I even enjoy feeling awkward for the clumsy kid, or the socially awkward boy who doesn't kno how to talk to the girl he loves...

the part of this experience I dislike is the snap back to reality...I hate having to come back to my life after living such a perfectly written life on the screen...and each type of movie can make me feel that snap, but the worst is the bane of my existence...the romantic comedy..haha

For example, I just watched "27 Dresses" with Katherine Heigl. I loved it, and what's worse is I actually identify with this one..because I feel like a lot of my life has been in line with hers...romantically speaking..if my friends were getting married, I'd be in the wedding party...everytime...but I don't have a lot of luck with my love life..and up until recently, I've not even expressed what I need...and I'm still not quick to speak up...I worry about everyone else more than myself...and I don't kno how to stop really....but I'm trying...

because, I'm tired of being that person...the friend...I mean, I've literally been in Jane's position, where I've loved someone and helped them be with someone else...and its a shitty feeling...and I've helped friends a lot more than most people would...

so, here is where real life and movies split...if my love life were a movie, right about now, a guy would be entering my life, obnoxious, but sexy, like James Marsden's character, Kevin...and he'd be undeniably attractive, but I'd be trying to deny it..lol..and he's push the envelope of how I handle my relationships...or he'd at least help me(whether he knew it or not) to get passed this issue, until I realized he was supposed to be with me....

...but that's a movie..lol..so, I'm stuck here by myself, trying to figure out how best to manage my emotions...and deal with all the shit situations I've gotten myself into emotionally...I'd rather have the movie..lol

No comments: